Are you a first time home buyer wondering how to get the best interest rate when buying a home? How do you find a lender? Why is it important to shop for a lender? Where do you start when getting pre-approved? What questions should you ask when talking to a lender? In this episode, we are going to address all of these questions about shopping for a mortgage lender as well as the questions below to help you become The Educated HomeBuyer.
- If you need to get pre-approved, you need to find a lender and you need to be able to get a valid, accurate rate quote
- Why is it important to shop for a lender?
- How do you find a good lender?
- What questions should you ask when talking to a lender?
- What should a prospective lender ask you on the first call?
- Where does the rate fit into choosing a lender?
- Besides rate, what should you be asking about and looking at (fees)?
- What is Box A on the loan estimate?
- Why is Box A important?
- Do the other boxes on the LE matter when shopping for a purchase mortgage?
- Should a lender give you a loan estimate if you haven’t applied for a mortgage?
- Is a fee sheet an acceptable alternative?
- Why is it important to shop for rates between lenders on the same day?
- With specific types of loans, how important is experience with the program?
- How do you know if the lender you are talking to has the experience you need?
- Why does your Realtor care who you use for your loan?
- Does your Realtor get a kickback if you use “their lender”?
Connect with me 👇 Jeb Smith (huntington beach Realtor/orange county real estate) DRE 01407449 Coldwell Banker Realty ➡I N S T A G R A M ➳ https://www.instagram.com/jebsmith ➡Y O U T U B E ➳https://www.youtube.com/c/JebSmith
Connect with me 👇 Josh Lewis (Huntington Beach Certified Mortgage Expert) DRE 01209148 Buywise Mortgage M:714-916-5727 E: firstname.lastname@example.org ➡I N S T A G R A M ➳ https://www.instagram.com/borrowsmartjosh ➡Y O U T U B E ➳https://www.youtube.com/c/buywiseborrowsmart
✅ – Want to get connected with us or to a local expert in your market, please reach out at http://www.theeducatedhomebuyer.com/expert
📩 – email@example.com
🙏 If you found any value today, please be sure to rate and review us. Follow us on social media. Thanks for listening.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/theeducatedhomebuyer/support